Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Morning by Morning, May 12 - Abide and Abound, Come Alive and Thrive

Good morning, Lord Jesus.  Son of God, Son of Man, King of Kings, Lord of Lord, thank You for welcoming me -- just as You welcome every soul in this world -- into this deeply personal relationship with You.  ...

"I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in Me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from Me you can do nothing. Whoever does not abide in Me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become My disciples. As the Father loved Me, so I have loved you; abide in My love" (John 15:5-9).

I do want to abide in You, Lord Jesus. I want You to abide in me. Teach me how to abide and abound, how to come alive and thrive. Teach me and lead me and empower me to keep my branch connected to Your vine, so that the fruit of my life is an expression of the flow of Your love.

So I welcome Your Spirit and I welcome Your Word to abide in me. Spirit to spirit and Heart to heart, let me hear Your voice and follow Your leading. Let the things I ask be an expression of the desires of Your will through my life and through my prayers, so that what I ask will be done for me, as I ask according to Your words abiding in me.

There's still much pruning to be done in my heart, still much burning away of all that is not yet like You. But I believe as I seek You, I will find You. As I keep opening up my heart to You, You'll keep pouring Your heart into me. "God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us" (Romans 5:5). And by the power of Your love and grace, by the Presence of Your Spirit abiding in me, I believe in faith You will have Your harvest of Your good fruit through my life each day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May you abide and abound, come alive and thrive, bearing good fruit with the Spirit of Christ and the Word of God abiding in you each day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!