Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Morning by Morning, June 9 - "Choose this Day"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come into my heart and every moment of my day.  ...

"Choose this day whom you will serve... but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15).

As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to serve You. I choose to seek first the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33). I choose life instead of death, blessings instead of curses, humility instead of pride, truth instead of deception, peace instead of chaos, encouragement instead of criticism, a positive attitude instead a negative one, Your ways instead of my world's, and Your Spirit instead of my flesh (Deuteronomy 30:1-20).

So come, Holy Spirit. Empower me from the inside out to desire what is right and do what is right. I need You to give me Your heart if I'm to live in Your ways. I need Your desire and Your power at work within me, "for it is God who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). "You desire truth in my inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.... Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:6-10). I admit I need it. I admit I need You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you will choose this day to serve the Lord, as you embrace His Holy Spirit to be at work in you to give you the desire the power to will what is right and to do what is right, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


 

Friends, I'm excited to be speaking again this summer at the Aldersgate 2015 National Conference on Spirit Filled Living at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky this year. Please come join us July 9-12, 2015 www.aldersgate2015.org
God bless you!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!