Monday, September 14, 2015

Morning by Morning, September 14 - "Year of the Lord's Favor"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awaken my soul to seek Your face, here in these first moments of my morning with You in the communion of prayer.  ...
 
"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me; He has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor..." (Isaiah 61:1-2).
 
This is Rosh Hashanah, the beginning of the New Year according to the Biblical cycles of the Jewish calendar. And many would say this year marks the fiftieth year, called the Year of Jubilee, following the cycle of seven sets of seven years of Sabbath rest for the people and the land. "And you shall hallow the fiftieth year and you shall proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you" (Leviticus 25:8-12). This is the year of the Lord's favor.
 
Lord Jesus, You are the fulfillment of the law and the prophets (Matthew 5:17; Luke 24:27). You are the fulfillment of the promise of Jubilee, proclaiming release and liberty throughout the land and into the hearts of all who would humble themselves to call on Your name (Luke 4:18-19). As You declared at the beginning of Your ministry in the power of the Spirit of the Lord, "This Scripture has been fulfilled" (Luke 4:21).
 
By the power of the grace of God, I choose to trust in You, to rest in You. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I willingly choose to be desperately dependent on You alone. I seek Your face and trust in Your favor. I'm excited and expectant to see what this year will hold for all who trust in the One who proclaims the year of the Lord's favor in this Year of Jubilee in Jesus Christ. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will be blessed by the favor of God throughout this year and every moment of your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!