Thursday, September 17, 2015

Morning by Morning, September 17 - Guided by the Spirit of Jesus
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Good Shepherd, let me hear Your voice as You tend my heart before I go out into my day (John 10:14).  ...
 
"They went through the region of Phrygia and Galatian, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia. When they had come opposite Mysia, they attempted to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them; so, passing by Mysia they went down to Troas..." (Acts 16:6-8).
 
Paul and his companions were on a spiritual journey and "the Spirit of Jesus" -- the Holy Spirit of the Living God, living in their hearts and directing their steps -- was their Spiritual Guide. They trusted Your Word and listened for Your Spirit; they looked to see what You were doing and listened to hear what You were saying. They believed Your promise to be their Ever-Present Companion:  "And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it" (Isaiah 30:21).
 
They were obeying Your command to "Go into all the world and proclaim the good news to the whole creation" (Mark 16:15). And at the same time, they were going into that world one step at a time, day by day and morning by morning, as Your Spirit led. 
 
Cleary it was Your will that all of Asia would hear the good news of Your mercy and grace, but not that day through these disciples. They knew their Scriptures and believed Your Word, but they also needed to hear Your living words spoken by Your Holy Spirit for each day's journey. They didn't presume upon Your will and Your grace, believing they knew enough of Your will and Your ways to go about their journey without taking time to seek Your face and listen for Your voice. Instead, they chose to live each day seeking Your guidance and embracing Your Presence in a deeply personal, intimate relationship of faith and trust in You.
 
That's how I want to live my life. I believe Your Word and I also embrace Your Spirit. I want to begin my mornings and continue through the moments of my day seeking Your face and listening for Your voice. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to live my life in a deeply personal, intimate relationship of faith and trust in You, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will be drawn every morning and live every day seeking the face of God and listening for the voice of God, believing His Word and embracing His Spirit. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 


Friends, tonight we'll finish our Level 1 School of Ministry at Rapha God Ministries with prayers of impartation and anointing for ministry (Romans 1:11, 1 Timothy 4:14). Rocio and I have been especially excited this time to have Elijah, Melissa, and Migue with us from our family! And I pray for the Holy Spirit of the Living God to equip and anoint you for the ministry to which you are called and to go where the Spirit of Jesus leads you every day of your journey. God bless you!

We have DVDs of our Schools of Ministry, Spiritual Retreats, and other messages and resource for healing and hope for your personal spiritual journey or ministry to others through Rapha God Ministries and Messiah Ministries.



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!