Thursday, September 03, 2015

Morning by Morning, September 3 - Discipline of Grace
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Steady my spirit, ground me in truth, and lead me in the paths of righteousness today.  ...
 
"Therefore prepare your minds for action, discipline yourselves; set all your hope on the grace that Jesus Christ will bring you when He is revealed" (1 Peter 1:13).
 
This is the discipline of grace -- to both prepare my mind for action, while at the same time, I also set all my hope to fully trust in the grace of God through Jesus Christ. It's by the power of Your grace, moving in my mind and my heart, that I can discipline myself to choose to "set (my) mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for (I) have died, and (my) life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is (my) life is revealed, then (I) also will be revealed with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:2-4).
 
And in the discipline of grace, my mind is not only prepared to think what is right or even believe what is right, but my mind is prepared for action. My mind is prepared to stand for what is right and to do what is right, to not compromise or back down from what is right. In the discipline of grace, I'll not only be a hearer of the word and a believer of the word, but more significantly, I will be a doer of the word -- as best as I can and all by the power of Your grace (James 1:23-25). 
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Empower me today for this discipline of grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray the Holy Spirit of God will empower you to prepare your mind for action as you live in the discipline of grace, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!     

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!