Friday, September 04, 2015

Morning by Morning, September 4 - "Always Confident"
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come into my heart and every moment of my day.  ... "So we are always confident; even though we know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord -- for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we do have confidence, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him" (2 Corinthians 5:6-9). If I look at my world apart from You, it's hard to feel confident. Even with You in my heart and Your Spirit at work in my life, some days are harder than others to focus on the task at hand and press on in the faith in the times we live instead of spending the days I have just longing to be out of this body and away with You (1 Thessalonians 4:17). You've given me eyes to see, but You've also given me faith to believe.So I don't have to stick my head in the sand or detach from reality. I can be fully alive to the very real tensions and turmoil in the very real world around me. But at the same time, with eyes of faith, I can see You in the midst of it -- not indifferent, not indignant, but determined to fulfill Your Word to cause "all things (to) work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).  And that gives me confidence. That gives me a confidence in You and Your love for me in the security of faith that doesn't go up down with the stock market or the measure of morality of a nation or the tides of personal opinions. By the power of Your grace, alive and at work every day in our hearts and our minds, we can be "always confident" when we "walk by faith and not by sight."  "Without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6). May I embrace that grace today and every day to make it my aim to please You by trusting You in faith. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will always be confident, walking by faith in the power of God's grace this day and every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!     
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!