Thursday, June 02, 2016

Morning by Morning, June 2 - "Need of Only One Thing"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day and every day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ the Son, and filled with Your Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Now as they went on their way, He entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha, welcomed Him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to what He was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to Him and asked, 'Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me.' But the Lord answered her, 'Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:38-42)
 
Martha was so sure of Your answer she didn't even wait to her it. She asked, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself?"  But she didn't wait to hear what You would say. She assumed You would be saying, "Yes. You're right. Mary is wrong and you are right. Mary, get to work and quit wasting your time sitting at My feet and listening to Me." No, she just went right on with her assumption to say, "Tell her then to help me."
 
But You didn't tell Mary to help Martha. No, You defended Mary. In fact, You insisted that what she had in those moments of waiting and listening in the intimacy of Your Presence would "not be taken away from her." Incredibly, You didn't just say it was the best thing she could be doing or the most honoring or most effective thing she could be doing. You said "There is need of only one thing."
 
So before I go about the work that surrounds me today, before I get busy doing all the things that need to be done, I choose to embrace Your truth that "There is need of only one thing." And by the grace of God, it was not be taken from me. In fact, I believe You insist upon it.  ...
 
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



pray you will embrace the truth and the invitation of Jesus that there is need of only one thing, as you begin your day in the intimate Presence of the Lord, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. I have to smile as I write these words this morning. I had several unexpected challenges that almost convinced me I didn't have time to pray and write my devotional to send out this morning. But I heard, "One thing" in my heart and knew I needed to take the time -- that it was a gift of God that would not be taken from me. Thank you for joining with me in the daily journey of prayer, morning by morning. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!