Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Morning by Morning, June 1 - Marvelous Light, Merciful Love
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I breathe in Your Spirit, rest in Your embrace, and wait for Your leading to begin the journey of my day with You, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
 
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy" (1 Peter 2:9-10).
 
We find mercy in Your marvelous light. And we find our identity and our destiny in Your merciful love -- "God's own people," created and called to experience and "proclaim the mighty acts of Him who called (us)."
 
Let Your marvelous light shine through me. Let Your merciful love flow through me. "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness (does) not overcome it" (John 1:5). "(We) are from God, and have conquered (the darkness at work in this world); for the One who is in (us) is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).
 
Lord Jesus, You are the marvelous Light. You said, "I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life" (John 8:12). You said, "I have come as Light in to the world, so that everyone who believes in Me should not remain in darkness" (John 12:46). And You also said of all who follow You and allow Your light to shine through us, "You are the light of the world.... In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:14-16).
 
By the power of the grace of God, let darkness flee from my presence today because the Presence of the One who is the Light lives in me. "For it is the God who said, 'Let light shines out of darkness,' who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will shine with the marvelous light and flow in the merciful love of our mighty God today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!