Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Morning by Morning, June 7 - An "Open and Shut Case"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords. Be King and Lord of my life and all the moments of my day.  ...
 
"I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and no one shall shut; he shall shut, and no one shall open" (Isaiah 22:22).
 
When I was a trial lawyer, we dreamed of what we called "an open and shut case." All the facts would be so clear and undisputed that there would be nothing left to argue about. Admittedly, even then, I'm sure some lawyer would find something to argue about even with "an open and shut case" -- and it would probably be my hard-earned, well-deserved fee.
 
That old phrase of "an open and shut case" comes to me this morning. And I'm thankful that every case is under Your jurisdiction (Matthew 28:18). Every matter is open and shut before You, according to the authority of Your judgment and Your justice. You are the One "who stands ready to judge the living and the dead" (1 Peter 4:5). And You are a "righteous Judge" (Psalm 7:11)."Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; steadfast love and faithfulness go before You" (Psalm 89:14). 
 
We can trust in Your judgments and Your justice. We can trust in the sovereignty of Your authority to judge what is right and true. "For the Lord will not forsake His people; He will not abandon His heritage; for justice will return to the righteous, and all the upright in heart will follow it" (Psalm 94:14-15). "Let justice run down like water, and righteousness like a mighty stream" (Amos 5:24 NKJV).
 
At the same time, we can be so thankful for Your grace when we'd so much rather receive Your mercy instead of pray for Your justice, because all of us always keep finding ourselves falling short of Your glory and always keep finding ourselves in need of our Savior (Romans 3:23). So we thank You for Your justice and Your mercy. 
 
We thank You for setting things right in the Court of Heaven and setting things right in the court of our hearts. So by the power of the grace of God, we "so speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty. For judgment will be without mercy to anyone who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment" (James 2:12-13). "What does the Lord require of (us) but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with (our) God?" (Micah 6:8)
 
As I begin this day, let the case of my salvation be an open and shut case. Let the case of my trust in You and Your righteousness, Your justice, and Your mercy be an open and shut case. Let the case of my my faith that no matter what happens in this broken and fallen world, You'll be at work on my behalf to cause it all to work together for good be an open and shut case (Romans 8:28). And let the mouth and the judgments of my accuser who always stands ready to accuse and condemn be shut forever by the victory of the cross and the power of the blood of Jesus. It's my only defense, because You're the only Defense I need. It's an open and shut case. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the voice and judgments of your accuser be silenced and shut forever by our righteous Judge in your open and shut case before the Court of Heaven, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!