Friday, June 10, 2016

Morning by Morning, June 10 - The Spirit of Love
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord. And I thank You for the joy of knowing You love me. Wow, sometimes it's good to just stop and take a moment and say those words out loud. "I am loved by God. ... My God loves me.  ... O, Lord, my God, You love me. Wow, let those words sink into my soul a little deeper today, as I begin my day in the communion of prayer with You -- the God who loves me.  ... "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. God's love was revealed among us in this way:  God sent His only Son in to the world so that we mighty live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and His love is perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father has sent His Son as the Savior of the world. God abides in those who confess that Jesus is the Son of God, and they abide in God. So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in God, and God abides in them. Love has been perfected among us in this:  that we may have boldness on the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:7-17).  God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit -- You are God and You are Love. And You have given us Your Spirit -- the Spirit of Love, who abides in us. By Your Spirit within us, You are making us more like You. As You are, so are we in this world (v. 17). You long for Your Spirit of Your Love to be in us and in our world:  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved" (John 3:16-17). Thank You for reminding of Your love for me. As You said long ago, "I have loved you with an everlasting love" (Jeremiah 31:3). Thank You for pouring Your Spirit of Love into me. Now let Your Spirit of Love flow through me and touch the lives of those in the world around me who desperately need to know Your saving love, Your everlasting love, Your Spirit of Love today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be know how deeply you are loved by God today allow his Spirit of love to flow through you and change the world around you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

     

Friends, please keep me in prayer as I teach and minister in Athens, Georgia near the campus of the University of Georgia at the 2016 Athens College of Ministry Transformed! conference.  I'll be speaking on Free to Be Like Jesus! -- Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance. I'll also be preaching and ministering at St. James United Methodist Church in Athens this weekend. All are welcome. Please come join us!  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!