Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Morning by Morning, June 22 - "Repent. Believe. Follow Me."
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me hear Your voice as I seek Your face and wait in Your Presence in the communion of prayer -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Now after John was arrested, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God, and saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news....  Follow Me...'" (Mark 1:14).
 
The first commands You spoke as You began Your ministry as the Son of Man, filled with the Spirit of God, were "Repent. Believe. Follow Me."
 
And I believe those are still Your commands. That's still Your invitation to all who are willing to hear and trust and obey. "Repent. Believe. Follow Me."
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Keep stirring in my heart to keep turning to Jesus, to keep believing the truth of the good news of God, and to keep following the One who is the King of the kingdom of God. When I'm tempted to turn back to the ways of this world and the desires of my flesh, empower me to embrace the goodness and grace of the One who faithful to bring to completion the good work He began in me. When I'm temped to doubt the goodness and grace of the One who created me and loves me and longs to be with me, empower me to trust ever more deeply in the steadfast love and tender mercy of the One who suffered and died for me. And when I'm tempted to distraction, complacency, intimidation or neglect to share the goodness and grace of our God with a hurting and broken world, empower me to rise again and walk in the steps of the One who leads the way to abundant life, now in this age and in the age to come.
 
Lord Jesus, by the power of the grace of God at work within me, I choose this day to repent, to believe, and to follow You. Give me the grace to do the same every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the Holy Spirit of God will move in your heart every day to repent and believe and follow Jesus, in Jesus' name. He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it (Philippians 1:6). Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

       


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!