Monday, June 06, 2016

Morning by Morning, June 6 - Fierce Love
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I begin my day in the assurance of Your embrace -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears. Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked, because He was angry. Smoke went up from His nostrils, and devouring fire from His mouth; glowing coals flamed forth from Him. He bowed the heavens, and came down; thick darkness was under His feet. He rode a cherub, and flew; He came swiftly upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness His covering around Him, His canopy thick clouds dark with water. Out of the brightness before Him there broke through His clouds hailstones and coals of fire. The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Most High uttered His voice. And He sent out His arrows, and scattered them; He flashed forth lightnings, and routed them. Then the channels of the seas were seen, and the foundations of the world were laid bare at Your rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of Your nostrils.... He reached down from on high, He took me; He drew me out of mighty waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from those who hate me; for they were too mighty for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity; but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me" (Psalm 18:6-19).
 
O how fierce is Your mighty love for those who fear You and call on Your name in their distress. You hear and You act. You come in power and might. You destroy the destroyer and consume the accuser in the glory of Your coming. Your fierce love for us is "terrible as an army with banners" (Song of Solomon 6:10). Your "love is strong as death, passion fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, a raging flame" (Song of Solomon 8:6).
 
In the face of the fierceness of Your love, let my spiritual enemies tremble and flee. For my God hears and my God acts. "Let God rise up, let His enemies be scattered; let those who hate Him flee before Him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away; as wax melts before the fire, let the wicked perish before God" (Psalm 68:1-2). "Let the oppressed see it and be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive! For the Lord hears the needy, and does not despise His own that are in bonds" (Psalm 69:32-33). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you experience the power and might of the fierce love of our passionate God -- passionate to consume your spiritual enemies, to revive your spirit, and set you free to be all He created you to be, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!