Friday, August 26, 2016

Morning by Morning, August 26 - Fire of God Fall!
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start today and everyday seeking Your face, listening for Your voice, resting in Your presence, and waiting for Your leading -- Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"I will call on the name of the Lord; the God who answers by fire is indeed God" (1 Kings 18:24).
 
You don't play with matches, unless you want to be burned. And you don't pray for the fire of God to fall unless you're ready to be consumed with a fiery passion and all-consuming desire to live for God with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul, and all your strength. "For indeed our God is a consuming Fire" (Hebrews 12:19).
 
All are called to the baptism of repentance -- to turn away from the sin and self-centeredness of living our lives merely on our terms, for our own purposes, and turn to God in the surrender of our hearts and the salvation of our souls. But fewer are they who will embrace Your baptism of fire. As John the Baptist proclaimed, "I baptize you with water for repentance, but One who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to carry His sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire" (Matthew 3:11).
 
Answer my prayers with Your fire today, O God. Baptize me in Your Holy Spirit. Baptize me in Your Holy Fire. Burn out of me everything that is not yet fully committed, fully surrendered to You (Matthew 3:12). Set me ablaze with a fresh passion to live my life for Your purpose -- confident in my identity as a chosen son of God and fulfilling my destiny as a carrier of Your flame and ambassador of Your name (Acts 1:5).  
 
"So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20). And that appeal of God is not to spend our lives merely inviting people to turn from their sins and go to heaven instead of hell when they die, but so much more. It is the cry of the heart of our Father, "turning the world upside down" in the power of the Holy Spirit and the mighty name of Jesus to the glory of our Father, as we invite whosoever will to come and embrace that same all-consuming Fire (Acts 17:6). That's what it means to "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19). Let me settle for nothing less.
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Strike that match and set that fire down in my soul today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray the fire of God will fall on you today, setting you ablaze with a fresh passion of His Holy Fire to turn your world upside down to the glory of God, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 


  



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!