Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Morning by Morning, August 30 - Faith Grounded in God's Faithfulness
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your leading.  ...
 
"Saul said to David, 'You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him; for you are just a boy, and he has been a warrior from his youth.' But David said to Saul, 'Your servant used to keep sheep for his father; and whenever a lion or a bear came, and took a lamb from the flock, I went after it and struck it down, rescuing the lamb from its mouth; and if it turned against me, I would catch it by the jaw, strike it down, and kill it. Your servant has killed both lions and bears; and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be like one of the them, since he has defied the armies of the living God.' David said, 'The Lord, who saved me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, will save me from the hand of this Philistine'" (1 Samuel 17:33-37).
 
David's faith was grounded in Your faithfulness. He believed in his heart and confessed with his mouth that what You had done for him in the past, You would do for now because who You were for him in the past was who You would be for him now. You are "the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8).
 
It may have been his own hands that took the lion and the bear by the jaw to strike them down and rescue his flock, but he understood that his courage and wisdom and power came from You. He didn't take the glory, but gave all glory to You (1 Samuel 17:37). He had his part, but You had Yours. When he faced the bear or the lion, he acted in faith because he knew in his heart You were faithful to come through. When he acted in faith, You would back him up. He knew You always had and he knew You always would.
 
Thank You, Lord, for every way You have shown Your faithfulness to me. Remind me often of those times when I was so desperately dependent upon You alone that if You didn't show up I was surely doomed -- over and over again. And as I remember, I will be encouraged. As I remember, I will be confident in You to faithfully give me all the courage and wisdom and power I need to prevail and overcome. In You and the power of Your grace and love for me, I am more than a conqueror, always victoriously overcoming through Christ (Romans 8:37). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will be encouraged and empowered in your faith every time you remember every time our God has been faithful to you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

   



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!