Monday, August 22, 2016

Morning by Morning, August 22 - "His Favor is for a Lifetime"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day and every day committed to You in the communion of prayer -- embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"I will extol You, O Lord, for You have drawn me up, and did not let my foes rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried to You for help, and You have healed me. O Lord, You brought up my soul from Sheol, restored me to life that I should not go down to the Pit. Sing praises to the Lord, O you His faithful ones, and give thanks to His holy name! His anger is but for a moment; His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning.... You have turned my morning into dancing; You have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, so that my soul may praise You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever!" (Psalm 30:1-12)
 
In our daily journey through this broken and fallen world, many are our foes, but forever is Your favor. Many are our opportunities to give in and give up, but these are also our opportunities to give it all over to You, as we look up and call on the One who is "mighty to save" (Isaiah 63:1).
 
You said, "In Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). And because You've overcome, we can overcome. Because You've won, we can win. Because You are our Peace, we can have peace, even in the midst of the tribulation of this world. "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels no rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:37-39).
 
Though sorrow may last for the night, Your joy comes with the morning. Though the waves of the sea trying to batter us into submission may roar and the mountains of our security under our feet may tremble and quake, though it may seem like our soul has gone down to Sheol to be buried in the Pit of our destruction, You reach out in the power of Your grace, You lift us up in the embrace of Your love, and You speak "Peace! Be still!" in the midst of our hearts (Mark 4:39). 
 
You let us know that it was You alone who was mighty to save. And You remind us that forever is Your favor and covers every moment of our lifetime in Your steadfast love and unfailing grace. So my soul will praise You and not be silent, for You have turned my mourning into dancing and clothed me with joy! O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you will experience the favor of our God through any tribulation you face, knowing His mighty power of save in His steadfast love and unfailing grace, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!