Thursday, August 25, 2016

Morning by Morning, August 25 - "Renewed Day by Day"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awaken my spirit in the communion of prayer with Your Spirit -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:16-18).
 
I need to be new -- "renewed day by day." Thank You that the moment You came into my heart and gave me Your Spirit to abide in my soul, I became new -- "a new creation" in Christ (v. 5:17). From that day forth, I can proclaim the truth that "everything has become new!" (v. 5:17)  But at the same time, I also need to know that You're still at work within me, that I need You to still be at work within me to be "renewed day by day" (v. 4:16).
 
How do You renew me day by day, Lord?  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying in my heart:  "My son, seek Me. Consciously, deliberately open your heart to My Presence, allow My Spirit to abide in your spirit. Let Me put My thoughts in your mind and My desires in your heart. Allow Me to change you into My image  -- day by day -- one day at a time, even one moment at a time."
 
Yes, Lord. Let it be so. I choose to acknowledge my need to be renewed in Your Spirit today. And I desire to pursue Your Presence. Come, Holy Spirit. Fill me afresh today (Ephesians 5:18). Renew me afresh today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will be refreshed and renewed in the deeply abiding Spirit of God in the depths of your soul day by day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

      



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!