Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Morning by Morning, August 23 - "I Commit My Spirit"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me hear Your voice and follow Your lead, Good Shepherd of my soul (John 10:4).  ...
 
"For You indeed are my rock and and my fortress; for Your name's sake lead me and guide me.... Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God" (Psalm 31:3-5).
 
I commit my spirit into Your hand and welcome Your Spirit into my heart. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as You lead me and guide throughout the moments of my day. Let it be a natural part of my nature, now redeemed in You as a child of God, being daily conformed into the nature of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14).
 
It seems I hear You say in my heart:  "More of Me; less of you. More of My Spiritual nature; less of your fleshly nature. More of My will; less of your will. I will increase; and you will decrease, as you humble yourself to allow Me to change you into My image, more every day, to the degree you willingly choose to seek Me and follow Me."
 
Yes, Lord. Give me that desire. And give me that power -- to will what is right, then to do what is right, because You are the One at work within me, making things right within me. "For it is God working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases (You)" (Philippians 2:13 NLT). 
 
My flesh doesn't will this, but my spirit does. "(My) spirit indeed is willing, but (my) flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41). So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I commit my spirit into Your hand today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you will conformed into the image of the Son of God, more every day, as you commit your spirit into His hand, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!