Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Morning by Morning, August 10 - A Witness of Innocence
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm desperately dependent upon You alone, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"When they bring you to trial and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say; but say whatever is given you at that time, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit" (Mark 13:11).
 
Today, I'll be a witness at the trial of a close friend of mine. He's been named and defamed, along with some others he trusted, who truly are guilty. He has proclaimed his innocence before judge and jury. Now he's making his case; and I'm honored to speak the truth on his behalf. I'm honored to come alongside him and join in prayer with so many who believe in his character of honesty and integrity. Together, we're honored to be numbered among those who are part of what he and his family have called The Innocence Project.
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Fill my mouth with Your words today. Let me be clear and convincing, speaking from the heart and speaking the truth. Just like my friend and all his family, we willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. As Your Word encourages us all:  "Let not mercy and truth forsake you; bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart, and so find favor and high esteem in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:3-6).
 
We pray for justice and we pray for mercy and favor with judge and jury. "He has shown (us) what is good; and what does the Lord require of (us) but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with (our) God" (Micah 6:8 NKJV).
 
As I listen for Your leading and Your words, Holy Spirit, I want to be walking humbly with my God today. And as I pray fervently for my friend and for the truth of his innocence to be clear in this trial, I want to be faithfully trusting in the One who is the Truth today and every day (John 14:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray the Holy Spirit will guide your steps and fill your mouth in every opportunity you have to speak the truth, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Friends, please continue to join with me in prayer for a close friend of mine and his family, as he continues to go through his trial this week. I'm honored to be one of the witnesses, along with his pastor, Max Lucado, named to speak on his behalf, if necessary. We pray for clarity, discernment, that all things be exposed in the light of the truth, that the judge and jury may discern and judge rightly, as well as for the favor and mercy of the Lord for my friend and his family. And may God cause all of this to work together for good. We trust that the battle is won in the Spirit, as we pray for it to be manifested on earth as it is in heaven. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!