Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Morning by Morning, April 9 - Redeeming the Wasted Time
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You today.  ...
 
"Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives' tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly. Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:7-8 NLT).
 
"Godless ideas" and "old wives' tales" -- how much time have I wasted getting caught up in discussions that don't matter and in debates that distract me from the things that really do. Instead, set me free to grow up in spiritual maturity, to "be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity" (1 Timothy 4:12 NLT).
 
There's a daily assault against my faith and against my time. But I have just a sliver of time as I live out this one opportunity You've given me to learn to love, to grow in faith, to be conformed into the image of the Son of God in these moments I have on this side of heaven. "And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment, so also Christ was offered once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our ins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for Him" (Hebrews 9:27-28 NLT). By the power of Your grace, may I be "found faithful" when You come again (1 Corinthians 4:2 NKJV).
 
Set me free from "wrangling over words" (2 Timothy 2:14) and getting stuck in "stupid and senseless controversies ... that breed quarrels" (2 Timothy 2:23), but instead set my focus to "pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart" (2 Timothy 2:22). As I overcome, You make me an overcome; as I conquer, You make me more than a conqueror; and as I pass the tests, You make my life a testimony. And all along the way, "This slight momentary affliction is preparing (me) for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure!" (2 Corinthians 4:17)
 
Redeem the time I've wasted (Ephesians 5:15). And by the power of grace at work within me (Philippians 2:13), may I "work hard and continue the struggle, for (my) hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people" (1 Timothy 4:10 NLT). I have "tasted the heavenly gift, and have share in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come" so there's no turning back for me (Hebrews 6:4-5). So may I spend the rest of my time well, in passionate pursuit of the living words from my living God I long to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant.... Enter into the joy of your Lord!" (Matthew 25:21 NKJV) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be found faithful, passionately pursuing the fulfillment of your calling and destiny, redeeming the time and living every moment for the One who calls you and empowers you to be faithful to Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!