Monday, October 14, 2019

Morning by Morning, October 14 - Successful Plans
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. In silence and surrender, I wait for the leading of Your Spirit to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...
 
"We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer. People may be pure in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their motives. Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed" (Proverbs 16:1-3 NLT).
 
I want my plans to be Your plans. I want the work of my hands and expression of my words to be by the leading of Your Spirit in the fulfillment of Your will. I want my heart, my motives, and my actions to be right in Your sight. 
 
All that I plan apart from Your plans will only be consumed in the fire of Your judgment as wasted time. Worse yet, they will distract me and detain me from all You desire for me. "For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have -- Jesus Christ. Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials -- gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person's work has any value. If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames" (1 Corinthians 3:11-15).
 
So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I commit my actions to You. I commit my heart and all my desires, my mind and all my thoughts to Your will for my life this day. I thank You and praise You for the great gift of my My salvation -- there is no greater gift. But I believe You've also put it in our hearts to live for so much more! "Christ in (us), the hope of glory!" (Colossians 1:27) "Whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father!" (Colossians 3:17)
 
As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to trust in You with all my heart -- not leaning on my own understanding, not seeking to build on a faulty foundation or with foolish materials for what has no lasting value or eternal significance  -- but seeking You and acknowledging You in all my ways to fulfill Your plans (Proverbs 3:5-6). Then "my" plans will succeed for they will be Your plans fulfilled in me and through me for Your glory (Jeremiah 29:11). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you succeed in your plans, filled with the Holy Spirit who aligns your plans with God's plans to glorify Him in all you do with eternal significance, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer, Morning by Morning, to grow in deeper intimacy with God!

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!