Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Morning by Morning, October 9 - God's Message to Me on The Day of Atonement
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You and thank You for loving me -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. We love You because You first loved us (1 John 4:9). ...
 
"In this is love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.... God abides in those who confess that Jesus is the Son of God, and they abide in God. So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them" (1 John 4:10-16). ...
 
On the biblical calendar, today is the Day of Atonement -- Yom Kippur (Leviticus 23:27). Around the world, Jewish families will fast and pray together, seeking to encounter God at the close of the year and to begin anew on this holiest day of the Hebrew year. And before the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD, after the death and resurrection of the Messiah of Israel and all mankind, the high priest would enter the Holy of Holies and dash the blood of the atoning sacrifice on the mercy seat atop the ark of the covenant to cleanse the people of their sins for another year. All that this represented was "only a shadow of the good things to come.... For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Consequently, when Christ came into the world ("Christ" or "Christos" in the Greek Language; "Messiah" or "Mashiach" in the Hebrew language), He said, 'Sacrifices and offerings You have not desired, but a body You have prepared for Me; in burnt offerings and sin offerings You have taken no pleasure. Then I said, 'See, God, I have come to do Your will, O God' in the Scroll of the Book it is written of Me.' ... And it is by God's will that we have been sanctified through offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all" (Hebrews 10:1-10).
 
Since the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD, there has been no shedding of blood through the rituals of the law under the Old Covenant. And "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins" (Hebrews 9:22). But thanks be to God that You have come as the Lamb of God to take away the sins of the world! (John 1:29). As You proclaimed at the last supper before Your death and resurrection, "This is My blood of the Covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins" (Matthew 26:28). "For in (Jesus Christ) all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through Him God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things whether on earth or in heaven by making peace through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:19-20).
 
In fasting and prayer, I see to encounter You today, O Lord, my God   -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. Because You're my High Priest and Your my Atoning Sacrifice, I can enter into the Holy of Holies of Your Presence through the blood of the Lamb -- this day and every day. "Therefore, my friends, since we have confidence to enter the sanctuary by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that He opened for us through the curtain (that is, through His flesh), and since we have a great Priest over the house of God, let us approach with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodes washed with pure water. Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who has promised is faithful" (Hebrews 10:19-23).
 
As I watch and wait for You and Your leading on this high and holy day, I admit I've been seeking to hear something profound for my life and for this coming year. But really what I hear in my heart is this:  "Love. It's all about love. You love Me because I first loved you. I showed My love for you in this, that while you were yet a sinner, I laid down My life for you. And this is love, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Go into this new year with clean hands and a pure heart. Go in love. Go in Me, for I Am Love." ...
 
Yes, Lord. It really is as simple and as profound as that. "God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them" (1 John 4:16). Let this be my message from You and Your message through me -- on this high and holy Day of Atonement and on every day, as I seek to live in You and allow You to live (and love) through me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you enter into the Most Holy Place of the presence of God on the Day of Atonement and every day through the Sacrifice of Christ; and may you live the message of God's love through your life this day and every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!