Friday, October 11, 2019

Morning by Morning, October 11 - "Abounding in Thanksgiving!"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice, for Your sheep hear Your voice, Your sheep know Your voice, and they will not follow the voice of another (John 10:3). ...
 
"As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving!" (Colossians 2:6-7)
 
This morning, I am "abounding in thanksgiving!" I'm thanking You for loving me, for saving me, for never giving up on me, for walking with me on my journey every day in this adventure of faith, for lifting me up when I was down, for filling me up when I was empty, for reminding me that I'm a child of the King, a beloved son, created for significance and living into the destiny You've intended for me from before the foundations of the earth!
 
Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for. And above all, I have You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- to be thankful for.
 
I could whine, but I'd rather worship. I could complain, but I'd rather celebrate. I could give in to wallow down in the pit of self-pity, but I'd rather party down in praise as You lift my up in Your presence!
 
Like everyone I know, I have my share of struggles. The battles are intense and unrelenting. I live in a broken fallen world full of broken fallen people; and there, but for the grace of God, go I. But I do have the grace of God. I do have a God who sees me and knows me and loves me. I do have a God who's for me. I have a God who knows the plans He has for me, plans for my welfare and not my harm, for blessings and not curses, for life and not death, to prosper me and uphold me, to anoint me and empower me to be all I'm created to be and fulfill all I'm created to do, all in the power of His grace! (Jeremiah 29:11; Matthew 17:20; Philippians 4:12; 3 John 1:2)
 
So I just start off my day with a big Hallelujah! Thank You, Jesus! You're so good to me, my heavenly Father! Come, Holy Spirit! Come and do "great and mighty things" as You show up and show off in my life today! (Jeremiah 33:3) I'm looking forward to look and see what You will do, with my eyes on You and my heart abounding in thanksgiving! "As it is written, 'What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love Him!" (1 Corinthians 2:9). With expectant faith and a thankful heart, I know it's going to be "exceedingly abundantly above all (I) ask or think, according to (Your) power that works in (me)!" (Ephesians 3:20) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you seize the day, abounding in the thanksgiving, excited and expectant for exceedingly abundantly more than you could ask or imagine, even in the midst of the struggles and battles, joyfully trusting in the One who loves you and who is for you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
  Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer, 
Morning by Morning, to grow in deeper intimacy with God!

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!