Monday, October 28, 2019

Morning by Morning, October 28 - Walking with God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I begin my day with You -- seeking Your face, listening for Your voice, waiting in Your presence -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"They heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees" (Genesis 3:8 NKJV).
 
Even after Adam and Eve sinned against You, You still came looking for them. In their guilt and shame and regret of their sin, they tried to hide from Your presence. But there You were -- still seeking them, still pursuing them, still calling out to them, "Where are you?" (v. 9)
 
In Your mercy and grace that we have in You, nothing "shall be able to separate us from the love of God we have in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39). But like Adam and Eve, we have the freedom to seek to hide from Your presence. We can try to cover up our nakedness and withdraw from Your holiness when we feel unclean and unholy. But even then, Your heart and Your love is always for us. We may be able to try to separate ourselves from Your presence, but we can never separate ourselves from Your love. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23).
 
So You provide the means our restoration. You are faithful and just, and if we confess our sins, You forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). You remove what separates us from Your presence and You remind us that nothing can ever separate us from Your love. You invite us to come up high into the embrace of Your presence by the power of Your grace. "Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in His holy place? Those who have clean hands and pure hearts.... They will receive blessing from the Lord.... Such is the company of those who seek Him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob" (Psalm 24:3-6).
 
In Your mercy and love, give me clean hands and a pure heart. Give me a repentant spirit that's always turning to You and pursuing You. Forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness; and keep lifting me up into Your embrace of Your presence. Thank You for giving me the grace to walk with You in the cool of the day and throughout the moments of my day, with nothing between us in the depths of my heart. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you walk with God, embracing His love and His presence, in the cool of the day and throughout every moment of your day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 


Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, seeking to begin each day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. I hope these prayers are a blessing and encouragement to you!

 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!