Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Morning by Morning, October 30 - Insatiable Spiritual Thirst
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Be King of every area of my heart and Lord of every moment of my life, as I entrust this day into Your will, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ...
 
"On the last day of the festival, the great day, while Jesus was standing there, He cried out, 'Let anyone who is thirsty come to Me!" (John 7:37).
 
Lord Jesus, I'm thirsty! I'm thirsty for Your Living Water! I'm thirsty for more of You!
 
Every morning, Your Holy Spirit draws me to my prayer chair to seek You in worship, in communion, and in prayer. It's like coming into the Holy of Holies of Your Presence to pursue You, to hunger and thirst for You, to experience You, to embrace You and allow You to embrace me. And every day that I do, the more I want of You. It's like an insatiable spiritual thirst that grows stronger each day. The more I drink, the thirstier I become.
 
You said the purpose for coming to You and to drink in the Living Water of Your Spirit is so that Your Living Water can flow out of us (v. 38). For Your Spirit to flow out, we must drink You in. We can only give away what we have received.
 
So when You also say that all who drink of Your Living Water will never be thirsty again, You are not speaking of the spiritual thirst for Your Presence and Your Spirit (v. 4:14). You are speaking of everything else we would turn to in order to quench our thirst. We can have an insatiable thirst for all the other things this world has to offer that will only leave us thirsty for more of those things that will never satisfy our thirst. Or we can seek and receive an insatiable thirst for You, where we can never have enough, where we always want more, and we never thirst again for things of this world that only leave us thirsty and dry.
 
Your Spirit in my heart cries out in desperate thirst, "Come, Lord Jesus!" Your Spirit in my heart stirs with insatiable desire, "O God, You are my God! I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh yearns for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water" (Psalm 63:1). Your Spirit in my heart remembers the promise of Your Word, "It is done! I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give Water as a gift from the Spring of the Water of Life!" (Revelation 21:6)
 
Yes, Lord! I thirst for You! And in my insatiable spiritual thirst, I yearn for the fulfillment of all things in the fullness of time:  "The angel showed me the River of the Water of Life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city. On either side of the River is the Tree of Life with its twelve kinds of fruit, producing its fruit each month; and the leaves of the Tree are for the healing of the nations. Nothing accursed will be found there any more. But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His servants shall worship Him; they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads" (Revelation 22:1-4).
 
"The Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!' And let everyone who hears, say, 'Come!' And let everyone who is thirsty come! Let anyone who wishes take the Water of Life as a gift!" (Revelation 22:17) Yes, Lord. I'm thirsty. And I come to You for a deep drink of Your Living Water today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you hunger and thirst for righteousness, with an insatiable spiritual thirst for the One who longs to fill you up and flow out of you with the Living Water of His Spirit, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, seeking to begin each day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. I hope these prayers are a blessing and encouragement to you! 

 

  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!