Monday, February 10, 2020

Morning by Morning, February 10 - Wholly Surrendered in Trusting Faith
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You and listen for Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"So therefore, none of you can become My disciple if you do not give up all your possessions" (Luke 14:33).
 
All that I have, all that I am -- You call me to give it all up in trusting surrender and obedient faith. It's almost as if I am no longer my own (1 Corinthians 6:19). It's almost as if I've been bought with a price -- the price of Your Sacrifice of love in Your blood for me (1 Corinthians 6:20). It's almost as if I'm to die daily to myself (1 Corinthians 15:31), to take up my cross and follow You every day on my journey of faith (Luke 9:23 and 14:27). It's almost as if I'm now crucified with Christ, so I no longer live, but Christ lives in me; and the life I live, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loves me and gave His life for me (Galatians 2:20). It's almost as if You really are calling me to live my life wholly surrendered and completely yielded to You and Your will for my life this way:  "If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord; so then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's" (Romans 14:8).
 
Is it truly that way, Lord? Is that really Your will, Lord? ...
 
I believe I hear in my heart:  "Yes, My son. Yes, My faithful one. Yes, My servant, My disciple, and My friend. Come to Me and I will help you die -- die to your will that's apart from My will, die to your ways that are apart from My ways, die to your nature that's apart from My nature. Die fully to this world and live fully in Me. You can't do that, not any of that, in your might, in your power, in your wisdom, trying as hard as you may and struggling for this as hard as you can. You can't earn it; you can deserve it; you can't become good enough for it. You can only surrender in trusting faith -- as best as you can and all by My grace. And to every degree that you trust and surrender, I'll be there to help you trust more and surrender more -- more and more, from grace to grace, from glory to glory, making you more like Me each day." ...
 
Yes, Lord. It' not by might, nor by power, but by Your Spirit (Zechariah 4:6). But as I behold hold You, as I seek You and surrender to You, You are changing me into Your image from glory to glory by Your Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18). In You, "the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world" (Galatians 6:14). I don't have to fear my cross or my death, for as I die, then shall I truly live! -- fully "alive to God in Christ Jesus!" (Romans 6:11). By the power of Your grace, I'm free to be like Jesus! -- being conformed to the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29) -- free to "live for the rest of (my) earthly life no longer by human desires but by the will of God" (1 Peter 4:2). As You are, so am I to be in my world (1 John 4:17). This is "Christ in (me), the hope of glory!" (Colossians 1:27) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon the Lord alone, dead to the this world and alive in Christ, wholly surrendered in trusting faith, as the Holy Spirit makes you more like Jesus each day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

          


Thank you so much for all your prayers for us at the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries all last week in Goodlettsville, TN just north of Nashville. We had powerful encounters with God all week in the deep presence of God! We had testimonies of freedom and healing in spirit, soul, and body, as the Holy Spirit was filling us and equipping us for healing prayer ministry wherever we are positioned by God for His glory! Like last year, one lady experienced significant healing from deaf ears and many were set free from pain, with many breakthroughs! We're excited to hear more of all the Lord has done and continues to do! And I pray for the anointing of God's Holy Spirit in your life and ministry for the healing love of God to flow through you in Jesus' name!
 


I was teaching from my book Free to Be Like Jesus--Transforming Power of Inner Healing and Deliverance, which I'm so honored to be endorsed by Max Lucado, Randy Clark, and Andy Reese.
   

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!