Friday, February 21, 2020

Morning by Morning, February 21 - "Come, Enter the Joy of the Master"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me deep into Your presence to hear Your voice and sense Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ...
 
"Again, the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. He called together his servants and entrusted his money to them while he was gone. He gave five bags of silver to one, two bags of silver to another, and one bag of silver to the last -- dividing it in proportion to their abilities. He then left on. His trip. The servant who received the five bags of silver began to invest the money and earned five more. The servant with two bags of silver also went to work and earned two more. But the servant who received the one bag of silver dug a hole in the ground and hid the master's money. After a long time their mast returned from his trip and called them to give an account of how they had used his money" (Matthew 25:14-19 NLT).
 
You've created each of us uniquely from anyone else on the face of the earth. We are each "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14). No two leaves on a tree, no two fingerprints on our hands, no two snowflakes that fall from the sky are the same; and neither are any of the children of Your creation. And You have called us and gifted us and anointed us "in proportion to (our) abilities" and according to Your purposes. And in a sense, You've "entrusted" Your Kingdom to us. "God has given us this task of reconciling people to Him.... We are Christ's ambassadors; God is making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:18-20 NLT).
 
One day soon, You will return. And like the master in the story, You will call us each one to give account of all You've entrusted to us and commissioned us to do in the authority of Your name in security of our identity as sons and daughters of God, as ambassadors of Christ. "Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God" (Romans 14:12 NLT).
 
As in the story, we won't be judged in comparison to one another, but by what we've done with what You've entrusted to each of us based upon our abilities and assignments. Two servants served the master well. "The master was full of praise. 'Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together!'" (Matthew 25:21 NLT). But one servant buried what he had in a hole. He didn't waste the master's money, but he did waste his opportunity to please his master as a faithful steward and servant. His fear held him back so that he wasted what he had and squandered his opportunity to find fulfillment in his master's joy (Matthew 24:25).
 
Lord, I know Your love for me will never change, no matter what I do or don't do, even if I were to waste every moment of my life and squander away every opportunity and assignment You entrust to me. Nothing will separate me from Your love (Romans 8:38-39). The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). Like Billy Graham always said "There's nothing I could ever do to make You love me more; there's nothing I could ever do to make You love me less." And at the same time, I know You desire so much more for me. I know You desire for me to be found faithful in obedience, to be found fruitful in service, and to find fulfillment in bringing joy to Your heart, as I live into my identity in You as a child of God and ambassador of Christ. 
 
You're the One who given me the abilities and entrusted me with the calling that fits exactly who You've created me and called me to be, unlike anyone else. You're the One who's put the very desire in my heart to please You with my life. And when it's all been said and done, I long to hear Your words, "Well done, My good and faithful servant, My beloved child. Come, enter your reward. Come, enter the joy of your Master" (from Matthew 25:21). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you find fulfillment as you enter into the Master's joy, being found faithful in obedience and service to Him in all He has uniquely entrusted to you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

              

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!