Monday, February 24, 2020

Morning by Morning, February 24 - Who Am I?
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and in every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"What are mere mortals that You should think about them, human beings that You should care for them? Yet You made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor. You gave them charge of everything You made, putting all things under their authority.... O Lord, our Lord, Your majestic name fills the earth!" (Psalm 8:4-9 NLT)
 
Lord, who am I, that You should think of me? Who am I, that You should care for me? Who am I, that You should crown me with glory and honor, that You would entrust me with such authority and dominion in Your creation? ...
 
All that was lost in Adam has been restored and redeemed in Christ. "Yes, Adam's one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone.... So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God's wonderful grace rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 5:18-21 NLT)
 
Who am I that You would humble Yourself in the likeness of human flesh and blood for me, that You should die for me, that You should pay the sacrifice of Your blood for me? (Philippians 2:5-11)
 
Yet, even as I ask, I hear Your Spirit speaking to my spirit. ...
 
"You are My beloved son, a child of God, created in My image for My glory. You are forgiven and free in Me, called by My name, cleansed in My blood, sealed with My Spirit. You are worth the Sacrifice and I want you to see yourself as I see you."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. "For in Christ Jesus (we) are all sons of God, through faith" (Galatians 3:26 ESV). "To all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12). "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are" (1 John 3:1). "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). "(We) are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that (we) may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called (us) out of darkness and into His marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9). "(We) are God's temple and God's Spirit dwells in (us)" (1 Corinthians 3:16).
 
By the power of Your grace, I choose to see myself as You see me. And instead of denying Your wonderful grace and extravagant cost of Your incomprehensible Sacrifice out of some sense of false religious pride or false religious humility, I choose to embrace Your gift and my identity as a beloved son, a beloved child of God -- literally worth dying for.
 
You first loved me, and now I love You (1 John 4:19). You laid down Your life as a Sacrifice for me, and now I lay down my life as a living sacrifice for You (Romans 12:1). Secure in my identity, may I honor You with my destiny. All that I am, all that I have, and all that I do, may I "do everything for the glory of God" as a beloved child of God (1 Corinthians 10:31). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be secure in your identity as a beloved child of God and honor God with you life as you live into your destiny in Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

               

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!