Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Celebration of Unleavened Bread 4-22-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me get quiet enough to hear, focused enough to see, and sensitive enough to follow. ... "Your boasting is not a good thing. Do you not know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? Clean out the old yeast so that you may be a new batch, as you really are unleavened. For our paschal lamb, Christ, has been sacrificed. Therefore, let us celebrate the festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and of evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth" (1 Corinthians 5:6-8). As I begin a new day, clean out the old yeast from the mistakes and regrets, sorrows and sins of all the days before. Let this day begin with a new batch of dough, untainted and undefiled. "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10). Let my life throughout this new day be a pleasing aroma to You (2 Corinthians 2:15). Give me the attitude to celebrate it as a festival, as You "restore to me the joy of my salvation" (Psalm 51:12). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org