Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Render unto Caesar 4-15-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come, Holy Spirit. Welcome, my Father God. With every dimension of my being, I embrace every dimension of Your Being into my life this day. ... " 'Show Me the tax money.' So they brought Him a denarius. And He said to them, 'Whose image and inscription is this?' They said to Him, 'Caesar's.' And He said to them, 'Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's' " (Matthew 22:19-21, NKJV). Today is tax day in America, the deadline to file our federal income taxes. Though it's easy to the negative, I choose to see the positive. Though I don't agree with all my government does with all my money, I am grateful for all the amazingly wonderful things my nation is able to do for our citizens and untold millions of people around the world by the gathering and strategic distribution of our tax money. While I repent on behalf of my nation for all the extravagant waste and misuse of our money, I also rejoice in the spirit of compassion and generosity that still lives in the heart of our nation. But also, I believe paying my taxes gives me spiritual authority in this land where I live and work. The seat of governmental authority "invites" me and gives me "permission" to participate in the rights and responsibilities of the government of our nation through paying my taxes. You call me to "seek the welfare of the city (and nation)" where You have sent me and positioned, and to "pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare (I) will find (my) welfare" (Jeremiah 29:7). So I pray over my contributions of taxes and proclaim they be used for the purposes of the kingdom of God, "for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God" (Romans 13:1). As my government willingly receives my money, that gives me all the more authority and responsibility to pray for the stewardship of that money -- money that my God has entrusted to me to use for His glory. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come Celebrate Passover Seder April 21st at 6:30pmFirst Southern National Bank Community Room(Corporate Center on Harrodsburg Road)Vicky Welch from "With A Heart For Israel" will be leading. Reservations are necessary as seating is limited.Contact Marilyn Walker with Messiah Ministries: DirOfMinistries@aol.comor Bob and Doris McCray: bndmccray@windstream.net. Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night -- the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. Phil Jackson will be leading in worship. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org