Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Let the Scales Fall Off 4-29-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I settle down in the silence and center my heart and soul on You alone in these first moments of my morning. ... "So Ananias went and entered the house. He laid his hands on Saul and said, 'Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on your way here, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.' And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and his sight was restored" (Acts 9:17-18). What are the scales that cover my eyes? What keeps me from seeing You as You truly are? Though I see You now, I only see "dimly" compared to the day to come when I see You "face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12). In the daily battle for my sight and soul, my enemy tries to veil my face and blind my mind from "seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4). He uses the smoke and mirrors of confusion and deception to distract me and distort my image of You and my image of myself. But Your Spirit keeps lifting the veil and opening my eyes to see You more clearly each day as You are, filling me with truth and faith to seek Your face and see Your glory. So each day I choose by Your grace to seek You, more scales fall off and the veil between heaven and earth, between how You really are and how I see You becomes a little thinner each day. Not only do I see Your image more clearly, but as I seek You, You are changing me to become more like You "from one degree of glory to another" each day (2 Corinthians 3:18). You restore my sight and my soul. You fill me with Your Spirit and send me forth. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org