Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sail On 4-19-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Word of God, soak my mind and mold my soul. ... "Your rigging hangs loose; it cannot hold the mast firm in its place, or keep the sail spread out" (Isaiah 33:23). A sailboat is created to fly with the wind, as our souls are created to fly with Your Spirit. But the rigging must be right and the mast must be firm. The sail must be stretched out wide to catch the wind and ride the waves. The bow must be set on its course and the sails must be trimmed and positioned to advance. Otherwise the wind comes but the boat does not sail and the destination is never reached. Lord, this season of alignment and realignment, set the rigging right in my soul. I want to be right and ready, prepared and positioned to advance in the destiny You've set before me. Remove the clutter, batten down the hatches, and make taunt the lines of my sensitivity to Your leading. As I stretch out my arms in worship and spread out my heart in praise, fill my soul with Your Spirit. Your cross is my mast and Your Spirit is my wind. By the power of Your grace alone, I will sail on. I will cut through the waves of adversity and navigate the course of destiny You've set before me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, our Messiah Ministries Celebration Dinner is May 2nd to celebrate stories of God's glory, hear our calling, and join His vision! Please come and bring some friends who may have a heart for the vision of our ministry -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." RSVP by 4/25 to Marilyn Walker at 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com (reservations required). Please spread the word and God bless you for joining with us to accomplish our calling and fulfill our destiny! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org