Sunday, April 27, 2008

Overflow of Love 4-27-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord; and I thank You, Lord, for loving me. ... "And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you to determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:9-11). How do I know "what is best"? How do I keep my focus fixed on the true goal? How do I give my heart, and time, and resources to what really matters? According to Your Word, it's by the overflow of love. As I allow Your love to fill me and overflow through me, "knowledge and full insight" come. True knowledge comes from knowing You. True wisdom comes from knowing the One who is wise. The "day of Christ" will come. And in that day, I want to be one who is "pure and blameless." I want to have "produced the harvest of righteousness" in the field that You gave me with the seeds of love and truth You've given me to sow. In the sin of my flesh, I know I fall short of the glory of God in so many ways. So I need You to keep reminding me of the true goal and the true means of Your grace to "press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14). And that means is love -- the overflow of love. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org