Monday, November 09, 2009

Clothed in Christ 11-9-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak Your name and seek Your face. I linger in Your presence and long for the leading of Your voice. ... “As God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. Bear with one another and, if anyone has complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful” (Colossians 3:12-15). Chosen by God and clothed in Christ, let Your peace consume me and thanksgiving well up within me. By the power of Your blood and the mercy of Your grace, I am holy and beloved. That’s now my true identity, my true self. This is how You see me and how You want me to see myself. You’ve given me a new heart and a new nature. “For in Christ, you are all children of God through faith. As many of you as were baptized into Christ have clothes yourselves with Christ” (Galatians 3:26-27). So as I rise to begin each new, let me be deliberate and intentional to put on my new clothes and not my old ones—the clothes of compassion, kindness, and love rather than selfishness and self-centeredness; the clothes of humility, meekness, and forgiveness rather than arrogance and pride. Let me not turn back to my former ways of life, but keep turning toward You for You are now my chosen way of life. Now I am in Christ, and Christ is in me (Colossians 1:27). I’ll have many opportunities to choose the clothes I’ll wear throughout this day. Give me grace to wear You well. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays. Friends, please be in touch with us if you're interested in attending any of our Messiah Ministries events coming up very soon in Lexington: School of Spiritual Ministry, Level II; our joint Saturday Night Healing Service with Craig Marsh at Centenary; or our Healing Prayer Weekend. Contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries, DirOfMinistries@aol.com Join us for The Journey of Aliyah, A Gathering of Jewish and Christian Communities, Thursday Nov. 12, 7 pm at Lexington Theological Seminary. Barry Wagner from Ezra International will speak on the Aliyah journey of the Jewish people from the nations of the earth back to Israel in fulfillment of prophecy. www.EzraUSA.org No charge for admission. Contact Bob & Doris McCray bndmccray@windstream.net Order my Books and our Ministry Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org Subscribe free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com