Monday, November 30, 2009

A Fresh Cut 11-30-09

Morning by Morning, Monday Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father, One with the Holy Spirit. Be One within me, as I abide in You and You abide in me (John 15:4). ... “Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, ‘Brothers, what should we do?’ Peter said to them, ‘Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you, for your children, and for all who are far away, everyone whom the Lord our God call to Him’ ” (Acts 2:37-39). My boys and I went to pick out our Christmas Tree this weekend. Before we strapped it onto the top of the Jeep for the ride home, the man at the tree lot took his saw and made a fresh cut on the bottom of the trunk. “That’ll let it drink up the water and keep it smelling fresh the whole season,” he said. Lord, I need “a fresh cut” every day. Cut me to the heart, so I can drink up the Living Waters of Your Holy Spirit every moment of every day. Keep my faith and my passion for You fresh. By Your grace, let my life release the fresh fragrance of Christ throughout this season and every season. “But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads in every place the fragrance that comes from knowing Him. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing...” (2 Corinthians 2:14-15). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, as we transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas, I pray the Holy Spirit will fill you with anticipation for the celebration of the coming Messiah. I pray you will release the fragrance of Christ in this season when people around the world seem to be more open to hearing the Good News of Jesus Christ than any other time, and receiving His Spirit into their hearts. God bless you and Merry Christmas! Please prayerfully consider Messiah Ministries in your plans for year-end giving. I hope you see our ministry as good soil in which to sow your seeds for the harvest of the Kingdom of God. Through your partnership with us in prayer, support, and encouragement, we are able to go forth in our commission of "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" to many lives at home and abroad. Thank you for joining me in the journey! Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order my Books, Free to Be Like Jesus and Morning by Morning, or our other Ministry Resources or Contribute: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org