Thursday, February 25, 2010

Faithful Friend 2-25-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You and my Father are One. And in the power and mystery of the grace of God, You seek to draw me close to You, to make me one with You by Your Holy Spirit living within me. I worship You and welcome You into the moments of my day. … “It is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a very special place in my heart. We have shared together the blessings of God, both when I was in prison and when I was out, defending the truth and telling others the Good News” (Philippians 1:7, NLT). Thank You that we can share the blessings of God with one another. And it seems we share the greatest blessings with those with whom we share the greatest commitment, those who keep walking with us through the full range of all our experiences and encounters. They stand with us and keep pressing on with us on our good days and bad days, whether we’re full of faith or full of fear, riding high or falling low. They seem to have a grace to keep loving us no matter what, keep standing beside us no matter what comes. And You give us grace to do the same for them. These are the ones we find to have a very special place in our hearts. Sometimes they are our family, sometimes not. Sometimes they are our spouse, sometimes not. But always they are our closest friends. They listen to us, grieve with us, rejoice with us, endure with us. They never leave us or forsake us, but always go forward in the journey with us. We may not see them every day, but think of them often, and always enjoy their presence, even on the hardest of days. Thank You for some of those closest of friends in my life. Help me to be a closer friend for each of them. Give me eyes to see those You’ve already brought into my life and eyes to see those You will bring. The journey of life is too hard and too long to walk through it alone. I hear Your Spirit forming the words of a new song in my heart: Faithful Friend The journey is long And the way is not easy So take me by the hand And remind me Who to believe in I’ll keep waking with Him No matter what others do But I’d rather not walk there alone I’d rather walk there with You You are my friend And I am your friend I’ll be your strength And you’ll be mine too I’ll remind you of Him Whenever you fear You’ll remind me of Him Who knows every tear We’ll praise His name And we’ll sing for joy We’ll keep pressing on Through all that’s in store He is our Faithful Friend And you are my friend too Thank You, Lord Jesus. You are my Savior and my Lord, my Father and my Best Friend. Thank You for revealing Yourself and Your heart to me through my friends. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Thank you, my faithful friends in the journey of prayer through the moments and days of my life in this adventure with God, our Faithful Friend. Thank you for the honor of allowing me to be a daily friend with you in your journey of prayer. God bless you! Friends, please save the date of March 19th for our Celebration Evening in Lexington of all the Lord has been doing through Messiah Ministries this exciting season. Come and see; come and hear our vision and calling; come and be a part! I'll be sharing stories of God's glory from my adventures in Pakistan, Israel, the Philippines, Estonia, and here at home. Come and bring some friends to share the evening of celebration with us. Consider contributing for our Silent Auction to support our ministries. Please send me a note if you'd like to help. Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order my books and our resources on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org