Monday, February 15, 2010

I Dare to Dream 2-15-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Great and mighty God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I honor You, worship You, and entrust myself to You. May Your will and Your purpose for my life be made fully manifest by the end of my days on this earth. … “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not your harm, to give you a future with hope” (Jeremiah 29:11). I do not yet fully know what is the fullness of my purpose and the fulfillment of Your plans for my life. Yet I do pray that You will yet have Your way. And I do seek that You will grant me the courage and faithfulness to trust and obey the leading of Your Spirit, no matter the cost, and grant me the patience to tenaciously endure every moment of delay, no matter the time it takes. Let me not ever think more highly of myself than You have created me to be. But let me also never think more lowly of myself than the son of God that I am, by the mercy and power of Your grace (Hebrews 2:10). “For it was You who formed my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works, that I know very well…. In Your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed” (Psalm 139:13-16). This is true for each of Your children. And this is true even for one such as me. I Dare to Dream… O how can I doubt Yet how can I believe How can I dare to dream Yet it was You who conceived Am I created for significance For greatness of life Or destined for disappointment Mere misery and strife Do I dare think of myself With destiny and calling Or settle for less Accepting my failures and fallings But what if it’s true We’re each created to be Someone magnificent And each one unique What if the world Would not be the same Without the full measure of my life And every moment of my days What if history itself Could not speak its heart If it failed to record Every act of my part Is it too vain Full of arrogance and pride To think I’ve a part to play That none can play but I I leave it to my God My Creator and King To determine if it’s so Or just a foolish dream Lord, give me the humility to know that I can do nothing apart from You (John 15:50). And at the same time, give me the faith to know that I am never apart from You and that through Christ, I can do all things for Your glory and Your name (Philippians 4:13). Lord, let me do my part in my generation to fulfill my destiny for Your glory, in both humble faith and courageous boldness in a way that honors You with all You have entrusted to me. Let me dare to dream. And if it is true, let me believe in faith that it’s You who gave me these dreams. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night February 19th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. Linda Dulin will be leading in Prayer and Jeff Settles will be leading in Worship this month. All are welcome and spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Thank you for joining in prayer. The Lord is gathering His army for such a time as this. If you'd like to be part of our intercessory prayer team with interaction and updates, please send a note to our Pastor of Prayer Ministries, Linda Dulin at PrayerLead@aol.com We are trying to establish Linda in a full time position with Messiah Ministries, as we advance in this season, so I've you would like to assist with this, please contact me at MessiahMin@aol.com right away. Subscribe for free by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order my books and our resources on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org