Wednesday, November 10, 2010

“Come with Me, My Bride” 11-10-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call on Your name and embrace Your grace. I lay before You now every moment of my day. … “How beautiful you are, my love, how very beautiful! … You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you. Come with me from Lebanon, my bride; come with me from Lebanon…. You have ravished my heart, my sister, my bride, you have ravished my heart with a glance of your eyes …” (Song of Solomon 4:1-9). I’ve begun again the journey of love. Daring to trust again, to risk again, to open my heart to one who’s opening her heart to me. I could choose to live life’s journey alone, and I’ve been willing to. I could to wait for someone else, and I’ve been willing to. But above all, I choose to seek Your will and Your wisdom, following Your leading for Your plans and purposes for my life and hers, as best as I can and all by Your grace. I trust Your heart for me more than my heart for me. I trust Your wisdom for me more that my wisdom for me. And I trust Your heart and wisdom for Andrea, and for my children, and for every life that You desire to touch through our lives together. You know what we need and You know how You have chosen to be the Source of our supply for our every need—especially the need to love and to be loved—by You and by You though those You have chosen to be the extension of Your heart and Your love in our lives. So from the moment last summer when it seemed You suddenly opened my eyes in a new way toward my old friend, from the moment it seemed You suddenly poured love into my heart for Andrea, I’ve asked You to take away all that’s not of You and increase what is. Others have prayed that fervently with me and for me. And so we believe You have answered our prayers. I’ve rejected my flesh, renounced of my will that’s apart from Your will, yielded my emotions and my thoughts to Your leading, as best as I can and as deliberately, consciously, intentionally as I am able by every measure of grace You’ve given. And yet, love remains. Love increases. Love overflows—vast as the ocean and fierce as a river when the winter snows have thawed. We’re not to awaken love before its time (Song of Solomon 2:7; 3:5; and 8:4). And when it’s all said and done, prayed over and prayed through, talked about and analyzed, tested and weighed, only You truly know when it’s time. You’re the only One who sees the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end. You’re the only One who loves us more than we love ourselves or anybody else. So I’m choosing to trust what I believe is You. I’m choosing to pour out and soak in this love I believe You’ve awakened in my life and hers. What greater gift could You give than the gift of love. “And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays My Exciting Personal News! Before our revival meeting at Moriah Chapel a couple of weeks ago in Wales, in the prayer room there where the Fire fell on Evan Roberts and the group of intercessors crying out for revival, Andrea told me that was the most moving place to her of our whole ministry trip in Wales and England last month. And that's where I got down on my knee and asked her to marry me. She said Yes! All my kids are really thrilled, especially the boys who were telling me I should marry Andrea even before I ever asked her out early last summer. Heather and Bob Butler love her from their visit to Kentucky and wanted her to come on the Wales trip. As Heather said, that gave us 30 days of concentrated time together in all kinds of settings, including intensive ministry abroad, to see if it was really the Lord lining up our hearts and lives together. It was my Mom's advice and wisdom to accept Heather's invitation to bring Andrea on this trip as well. And we all believe the Lord has shown us in many incredible ways that this is His plan for our lives in this new season. Praise God! So I do hope you'll rejoice and celebrate this great news with us! As God says, "It is not good for man to be alone;" and I am thrilled that He has given me such a beautiful gift of one so full of love and life and passion for Him -- and now for me and my kids. God bless you and thank you for walking with me in the journey of prayer, my friend! Friends, please keep us in prayer for our Messiah Ministries' Level II School of Spiritual Ministry starting tomorrow. We've had a largest registration ever and we're excited to see what God will do as we encounter Him and He equips us! Please come join us for one of our intensive, four day schools or consider ordering the dvd's if you can't. God bless! The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry, Level II, Nov 10-13, 2010, for Equipping, Training, and Impartation for Ministry, in Lexington, Kentucky with Messiah Ministries & Tommy Hays. Please contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries for Information or to Register: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1594 Tommy Hays & Messiah Ministries "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" Messiah Ministries 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org MessiahMin@aol.com To order Tommy Hays' books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org God bless you