Friday, November 05, 2010

Mountain Moments 11-5-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Master, Savior, Comforter, and Friend, I offer my heart as You offer Your hand to journey with me throughout this day. … “The Lord our God spoke to us at Horeb, saying, ‘You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Resume your journey, and go into the hill country of the Amorites as well as into the neighboring regions—the Arabah, the hill country, the Shephelah, the Negeb, and the seacoast—the land of the Canaanites and the Lebanon, as far as the great river, the river Euphrates. See, I have set the land before you; go in and take possession of that land that I swore to your ancestors, to Abraham, to Isaac, to Jacob, to give to them and to their descendants after them’ ” (Deuteronomy 1:6-8). Thank You for the mountains and the moments when You surround me and soak me in the unbelievable peace and power of Your Presence. Thank You for the times that seem more like a dream than my everyday life. Like my morning prayers and my Sabbath times of rest during a day apart, stolen away from the rest of my world for some focused times with You, it seems I need those mountain moments. They refresh me and renew me; they invigorate me and empower me with clearer vision and fresh faith and fire and passion. In the mountain moments, You fill me up with Your living waters and Your living words, as You revive me and awaken me in newness of life. But You fill me up to pour me out. You bring up to the mountain so You can send me down into the valley. From this high place in the Spirit with You, You lead me to look and see all You set before me—remembering and rejoicing in the great adventures of the journey behind me, but also looking with expectant faith and spiritual hunger toward the journey ahead. By Your Word, it is my inheritance already. By Your will, it is mine to embrace and receive, all in Your timing, in Your way, for Your purposes, and for Your glory. And by Your grace, it is my calling and commission to “go in and take possession” of all You have entrusted to me. Not just for me, but for all who will come after me, according to Your promise and Your providence. So thank You for the gift of grace that brings me up to the mountain for these moments in the journey of my life. And thank You for the gift of Your grace to know when it’s time again to come down, move on, and resume my journey. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry, Level II, Nov 10-13, 2010, for Equipping, Training, and Impartation for Ministry, in Lexington, Kentucky with Messiah Ministries & Tommy Hays. Please contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries for Information or to Register: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1594 Tommy Hays & Messiah Ministries "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" Messiah Ministries 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org MessiahMin@aol.com To order Tommy Hays' books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org God bless you!