Wednesday, November 17, 2010

“Your Own Conviction before God” 11-17-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is my first word this morning. Your worship is my first desire this day. O Lord, God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—I give myself completely to You, as best as I can and all by Your grace. … “The faith that you have, have as your own conviction before God. Blessed are those who have no reason to condemn themselves because of what they approve. But those who have doubts are condemned if they eat, because they do not act from faith; for whatever does not proceed from faith is sin” (Romans 14:22-23). Lord, I want to “act from faith” in all I do. I want my actions and responses, my thoughts and desires, my choices and convictions to “proceed from faith.” And I know Your Word says: I am to “live by faith,” not as one “who shrinks back” (Hebrews 10:38). I am to “hold fast to the faith of Jesus” with “endurance” (Revelation 14:12). And I am to “walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7). I want to be a man of faith, even a man of great faith (Romans 1:8). So teach me how. It seems I hear You say: “My son, the heart of faith is trusting Me. Do you trust Me?” Yes, Lord. “Do you trust Me to know what’s best for you?” Yes, Lord. “Do you desire to seek Me, to listen for My leading, to wait for My moving in your heart and mind to put My desires in your heart and My thoughts in your mind?” Yes, Lord. “Do you believe I will answer your prayers to guide your life according to My will? Yes, Lord. “Then you have faith, My son. Now act from that faith, not wavering, not doubting, not tossed to and fro by every wind you feel or word you hear. Trust Me. And trust that you have sought Me and continue to seek Me. When you err, I will correct you. When you prevail and persevere in obedience, I will affirm you. The children of God are led by the Spirit of God. And you are My child, My son.” Yes, Lord. Thank You, for reminding me of Your Word. Thank You for letting me hear Your word to me. “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17, NKJV). I trust You. I believe You. And now I want to live this day for You in the confidence and conviction of the faith You’ve given me. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please Save the Date of December 10th for our Messiah Ministries' Celebration and Christmas Party! We'll share stories of God's glory and all He has been doing at home and abroad in the life of our ministry. Please come join us in Lexington and bring some friends to know more about Messiah Ministries --"Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God!" Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night Nov 19th at 7PM, the 3rd Friday Night of every month, for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Led by Messiah Ministries and hosted at Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit. Jeff Green will be leading in worship this month. All are welcome and please spread the word! Contact Marilyn Walker, our Dir. of Ministries for details 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com Messiah Ministries ... "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" Messiah Ministries 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org MessiahMin@aol.com To order Tommy Hays' books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org God bless you!