Friday, January 21, 2011

“Listen to His Voice” - Jan 21

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me begin this day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. …



“O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand. O that today you would listen to His voice!” (Psalm 95:6-7)



Even under the old covenant, Your sheep could hear Your voice. And now, in the fullness of time, fulfilled in Christ, we have an even “better covenant” with even “better promises” (Hebrews 8:6). And in Your fulfillment of all the covenant requirements and all the covenant promises, You said, “I Am the Good Shepherd. I know My own and My own know Me … and they will listen to My voice” (John 10:14-16).



We can hear You. You’ve created us with the capacity to hear the voice of God. But we have to choose to listen. Lord, help me listen. Help me learn how to get quiet, to consciously humble myself in Your Presence, to watch and wait for the leading of Your Spirit. Remove every barrier, overcome every obstacle, draw me to You and away from every distraction. I know You can speak to me anytime, whether I’m listening or not. But I also know You want to teach me how to pray, how to listen for the still, small voice that says, “This is the way; walk in it” (Isaiah 30:21).



I thank You for the diverse ways You speak to me and allow me to hear You now. But I want more. I want to hear You more clearly, more distinctly, more accurately and precisely. I want to be more attune and more in tune with the leading of Your Spirit throughout the moments of my day. And then give me the courage and confidence to trust You and obey You. What could be more important? What could be more wonderful? “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God” (Romans 8:14). I am Your child, a son of God. And I ask You to enable me, empower me to be led by Your Spirit as I listen to Your voice. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.



Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! January 21st, our Messiah Ministries’ monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship, hosted in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. This month will also be a Pre-Summit Gathering of worship and prayer for our 4th Annual Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit coming up soon the weekend of February 4-5, hosted this year at Consolidated Baptist Church. All are welcome. Please come join us and spread the word!

To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give in Support of the calling of God through Messiah Ministries: www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute