Thursday, January 13, 2011

Somebody’s Praying for Me - Morning by Morning, Jan 13

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Holy, holy, holy, Lord—God of power and might—heaven and earth are filled with Your glory. …

“For this reason, since the day we heard it, we have not ceased praying for you and asking that you be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you may lead lives worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, as you bear fruit in every good work and as you grow in the knowledge of God. May you be made strong with the strength that comes from His glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light” (Colossians 1:9-12).

This morning, as I pray with You, I’m suddenly aware of those who are praying for me—praying that I would be filled with the knowledge of Your will, praying that I would lead a life worthy of the Lord, praying that I would please You and bear fruit for You and Your Kingdom, praying that I would grow in the knowledge of God, praying that I would be strengthened with Your power, praying that I would endure everything with patience and joy and thanksgiving, praying that I would encounter and experience the fullness of my calling and destiny and inheritance in Christ. Somebody’s praying for me right now. I can feel it.

Thank You for their prayers. Their prayers are an expression of Your heart for me. “And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God” (Romans 8:27). How humbling it is to think on this thought, that You express Your heart for me and establish Your will for me through the prayers of those take time to pray for me. What an indescribable gift!

And now I pray for them, for every one of them who is praying and has prayed and will pray for me. May they reap what they have sown, a double portion, even a hundred-fold and more (Mark 4:20). May they “be filled with the Spirit” (Ephesians 5:18). May they be “filled with all the fullness of God,” filled with all the fullness of Your heart and will and plans and purpose for their life (Ephesians 3:19). May they grow in the knowledge of Your grace and the power of Your love for them, leading a life full of the “righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit” of “the Kingdom of God” abiding and growing within them more and more every day (Romans 14:17).

May they know that somebody’s praying for them right know. May they feel it and believe it and embrace it, as an expression of Your heart in the power of Your love for them. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please keep us in your prayers this weekend, as I travel today to lead a men's spiritual retreat outside Atlanta, Georgia with the theme "Free to Be Like Jesus!" If you'd be interested in ordering my book on this theme for yourself or small group study or someone else, please see our Resources Page at www.messiah-ministries.org

To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Support our Ministry:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute