Monday, January 03, 2011

“It is Well” - January 3, 2011

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to begin this day and the journey of this new year here in Your Presence, yielded to Your Spirit, surrendered to Your will, committed to Your way. 

“Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul. I was overjoyed when some of the friends arrived and testified to your faithfulness to the truth, namely how you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than this, to hear that my children are walking in the truth” (3 John 2-4).

It is well with my soul when I walk in the truth. And I know that it brings Your heart joy whenever You see my faithfulness to the truth. Just as I know it breaks Your heart in those moments when I am less than faithful to all that’s in Your heart for the choices of my life. And I praise You for this truth of Your steadfast love and tender mercies, “If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself” (2 Timothy 2:13). As we commit our hearts to walk in the paths of Your righteousness, You never cease to keep guiding our hearts back to the way that leads to life. “For though they fall seven times, they will rise again” (Proverbs 24:16).

So in these first days of this new year, I entrust again my heart and commit again my path to the wisdom and the way of the One who is “called Faithful and True” (Revelation 19:11). Let my prayer and my commitment, all by the grace You give, bring You joy today and throughout the days to come. Quickly draw me back if I begin to stray, quickly convict me of my sin if I falter or fail, quickly embrace me again as I allow my heart to follow to leading of Your Spirit in to an ever-deepening place of intimacy and trust in the arms of my God. Throughout all the days of the journey to come this new year, let it be well with my soul because I’ve entrusted my soul to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

God bless you, my friend, as you begin this new year with your heart and soul committed to Christ. Thank you for joining my in the journey of prayer, as we look with expectant faith to see all the Lord will unfold in our lives this year! May it be well with your soul!