Thursday, January 06, 2011

Servants in Whom God will be Glorified - Jan 6

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call on Your name and listen for Your voice. …

“Listen to me, O coastlands, pay attention, you peoples from far away! The Lord called me before I was born, while I was in my mother’s womb, He named me. He made my mouth like a sharp sword, in the shadow of His hand He hid me; He made me a polished arrow, in His quiver He hid me away. And He said to me, you are My servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified” (Isaiah 49:1-3).

Isaiah was a boy, who grew to be a man, who came to know he was created and called by God with purpose and destiny for his life. He was both a son and servant of God. And so was the nation of people of whom he was born and to whom he was sent. He was chosen. And his nation was chosen. They were chosen to be means of the revelation of Your love and mercy for us all. As You said of Isaiah and his nation, “It is too light a thing that you should be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the survivors of Israel; I will give you as a light to the nations, that My salvation may reach to the end of the earth” (v. 49:6).

And as Israel’s Redeemer and Messiah, as the Redeemer and Messiah of us all, the Light and Salvation of all nations, You embraced Isaiah’s words and calling and destiny as a foretaste of Your own—yet in a dimension and fulfillment that Isaiah could not have fully known. As both Son of Man and Son of God, You would be the Son and Servant of God, You alone would be the Salvation of God that reaches to the end of the earth, to the people of all nations and all generations (Matthew 12:17-21; Luke 4:17-19; John 12:41).

And now the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of the Messiah, the Holy Spirit of the Living God, dwells in each of us who are called by Your name, embracing Your gift of Salvation and Redemption for us and our world. “You are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him” (Romans 8:9). In that sense, we each can also see the words and calling and destiny of Isaiah as a foretaste of our own, in the unique way You have created and called each one of us to reveal Your love and light to the world around us: “To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).

Yes, Lord. By the mercy and mystery of the power of Your grace and love, may I carry Your message of salvation and redemption wherever You call me or send me as one of Your lights in this world, because the Spirit of the One who is the Light dwells in me. As You said to Your first disciples and to all who would follow You throughout the ages, “You are the light of the world … let your light shine before others …” (Matthew 5:14-16). This is our calling and destiny, to be fulfilled as Your servants, Your sons and daughters by the Spirit of Christ dwelling in us (Matthew 28:18-20). Isaiah knew his calling and destiny. So did You. And we are to know ours. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


To Reply: TommyHays@aol.com
To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Give: www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute