Monday, July 18, 2011

"Deep Waters" - July 18

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm not holding back, I'm pressing in, all of You in all of me. ...

"The words of the mouth are deep waters; the fountain of wisdom is a gushing stream" (Proverbs 18:4).


Thank You for the wisdom You've worked in the mind, will, and emotions of my soul through the journey of my life. All the mistakes and mountain tops, all the valleys and victories, all the rejection and rejoicing, all the languishing and laughing, all the discouragement and determination-You've not wasted a moment or missed an opportunity to try to teach me and train me in the way I should go in the wisdom of God. You've forgiven my failures and encouraged my successes, redeeming all I've entrusted to You by the grace of God at the foot of the cross.


Now, like a cistern that's gathered like rain all the issues of life, the cistern has become a fountain to share the words from my heart that flow out of the deep waters of my soul. Sanctify them in the washing of the water of Your Word (Ephesians 5:26). Purify them in the burning fire of Your Spirit (Matthew 3:12). I have so much more to learn, and so much more of the wisdom of this world that needs to be divinely exchanged for the wisdom of heaven (1 Corinthians 3:19).


But at the same time, I do pray that I would not withhold the wisdom You've taught me, as I share the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart that You've redeemed by the blood of the Lamb and the grace of God (Psalm 19:14). Let them be as a gushing stream of the waters of life You choose to pour through me - even as I drink deeply from the well of the waters You pour into my life through the wisdom of the ones You've chosen to be in relationship with me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, I'll be preaching and ministering at Gray's Chapel UMC in Franklinville, NC this weekend, July 22-24 with Pastor Doug Miller and Heather Butler from Wales www.grayschapel.org Please come join us if you're in the area! We'll be hosting An Evening with Heather Butler here in Lexington, Monday night August 1st, with her powerful gifting as a prophetic pslamist. Please see our ministry calendar for details and other ministry opportunities coming up: www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar