Friday, July 15, 2011

Open the Gates of Righteousness - July 15

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Welcome into my world and every moment of my day. ...

"Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the Lord. This is the gate of the Lord; the righteous shall enter through it" (Psalm 118:19-20).


There's a way that is right. For every choice before me, every need within me, every expectation of me, there is a way that is right. And by the grace You've given me and the desires You've placed within me, I want what is right; I want what is true. I want the right way because I've spent too much time choosing the wrong way, and I've come to know that You know best.


So Lord, would You open the gates to that way that is right? Protect me from the foolishness of trying to choose in my own wisdom, apart from the leading of Your Spirit and the guidance of Your Word, what is right for me. Protect me from the emptiness of trying to open my own gates, in my own timing, in my own way, apart from Your stirring in my spirit, Your peace in my heart, and Your voice in my ear, saying in the ways You've taught me to hear, "This is the way, walk in it." All of that would only be self-righteousness, not Your righteousness.


Here I am, Lord. Your servant, Your son is listening. The children of God are led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14). You open the gates. You open my eyes to see and my ears to hear. You prompt me when to move and confirm my steps. And if I fall or fail or misstep, You pick me up and dust me off and turn me again in the way that is right, so that I can enter in through the gates of righteousness, the gate of the Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! July 15, our Messiah Ministries' monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship with the family of God as one, from many different churches and traditions under the name of Jesus in our city. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters, to be refreshed and renewed in the Presence of God, as we worship Him and welcome Him to heal us and free us in spirit, soul, and body. We meet monthly in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. We have various worship leaders from our area lead us in worship each month. this month, Brooke Barrett will be leading in worship and Sandy Boven will be leading in prayer. All are welcome! Please come, bring a friend, and spread the word.