Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Rise Up, O Lord! Deliver Me, O My God!" - July 14

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes, open up my heart, and call upon Your name. Stir up Your Spirit within my spirit, as I begin my day with You. ...

"I lie down and sleep, I wake up again, for the Lord sustains me. I am not afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Rise up, O Lord! Deliver me, O my God! For You strike all my enemies on the check; You break the teeth of the wicked. Deliverance belongs to the Lord; may Your blessing be on your people!" (Psalm 3:5-8)


David's battles in the natural realm in the Old Covenant are an expression of our spiritual battles in the New Covenant. First the natural, then the spiritual (1 Corinthians 15:46). His cries for deliverance and his battles for freedom were lived out in the day to day combat of human flesh and blood. Now in Christ, ours are lived out in the day to day combat of the spirit. "For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12).


You know every plan and scheme of the enemy of our souls who comes to steal and kill and destroy (John 10:10). You know every attack of fear, injustice, manipulation, and discouragement. You know every way our spiritual enemy seeks to deceive and confuse, distort and defile. But our God is greater. And our God is mighty. And the victory is already won for us through the victory of the cross and the power of the blood of Jesus. And now the Spirit of Victory abides within us. "Little children, you are from God, and have conquered them, for the One Who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).


So let God arise; let our enemies be scattered! (Psalm 68:1) Let the teeth of the wicked be broken and his voice be silenced. Let the high praises of God fill our mouths with shouts of joy and victory. "They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side; in the name of the Lord, I cut them off! ... I was pushed hard, so that I was falling, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my might; He has become my salvation. There are glad songs of victory in the tents of the righteous: 'The right hand of the Lord does valiantly; the right hand of the Lord is exalted; the right hand of the Lord does valiantly.' I shall not die, but I shall live, and recount the deeds of the Lord!" (Psalm 118:11-17) In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! July 15, our Messiah Ministries' monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship with the family of God as one, from many different churches and traditions under the name of Jesus in our city. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters, to be refreshed and renewed in the Presence of God, as we worship Him and welcome Him to heal us and free us in spirit, soul, and body. We meet monthly in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. We have various worship leaders from our area lead us in worship each month. this month, Brooke Barrett will be leading in worship and Sandy Boven will be leading in prayer. All are welcome! Please come, bring a friend, and spread the word.