Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"With Everlasting Love" - July 20

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord; and I thank You for first loving me-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ...

"For the Lord has called you like a wife forsaken and grieved in spirit, like the wife of a man's youth when she is cast off, says your God. For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with great compassion I will gather you. In overflowing wrath for a moment I hid My face from you, but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you, says the Lord, your Redeemer" (Isaiah 54:6-8).


Lord, what does it mean that You love me with everlasting love? ...


It seems I hear You say: "My love never fails. My love never gives up. My love never lets go."


Yes, Lord. ... What does it mean that for a brief moment I abandoned you and for a moment You hid Your face from me? ...


It seems I hear You say: "My son, like Israel before you, my covenant with You is everlasting, just like My love for you. There are consequences for your choices and in the choices of others. And sometimes in the consequences of those choices, it will seem as though I have turned from you, hidden from you, even abandoned you. But I have not. I will never leave you nor forsake you. And no matter where you turn, I Am there. My arms are always open wide to You and My heart is always tender toward you."


Yes, Lord. ... What does it mean that You are my Redeemer? ...


It seems I hear You say, "I always work all things for good if You will entrust them to Me. The things you have done and the things done to you will only serve to strengthen you in spirit, encourage you in faith, and anoint you with authority when you choose to give yourself to Me. I am trustworthy, faithful, and true. This is My everlasting love for you, My son, says the Lord, your Redeemer."


Yes, Lord. Let every word of truth and life settle deep down into my spirit. Thank You for Your compassion, Your mercy, and Your love. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23).


I trust You, O Lord, my God and my Redeemer. And I entrust to You all of my life - past, present, and future. You are the everlasting God, Who loves me with an everlasting love. And in the power and mercy of Your grace, let my love and commitment to You be everlasting as well. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.



Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, I'll be preaching and ministering at Gray's Chapel UMC in Franklinville, NC this weekend, July 22-24 with Pastor Doug Miller and Heather Butler from Wales www.grayschapel.org Please come join us if you're in the area! We'll be hosting An Evening with Heather Butler here in Lexington, Monday night August 1st, with her powerful gifting as a prophetic pslamist.


Please keep us in prayer and join us if you can for the Aldersgate 2001 Conference on Spirit-filled Living in Dayton, Ohio July 27-31 www.aldersgate2011.org where I'll be teaching. I'll also be going out to Athens, GA on Thursday night, July 28 to preach at the Opening Message at Pre-Confernece for the Rekindle the Flame Conference led by Rick Bonfim Ministries http://www.latterain.com/rekindle_the_flame.html Please see our ministry calendar for details and other ministry opportunities coming up: www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar