Friday, July 08, 2011

"Such as I Have, I Give" - July 8

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. Strengthen me, Lord, in my spirit to stand firm, to press in, to break through into all You have for me today. ...

"Then Peter said, 'Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have I give (you): In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.' And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up; and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God" (Acts 3:6-8, KJV).


Sometimes I don't always see everything I'm asking for and believing for come to pass as quickly as I'd like and sometimes not at all. Even when I'm standing in faith, declaring Your Word, praying in Your Spirit, every encounter doesn't always end with someone walking, and leaping, and praising God. That's how my day ended yesterday, praying for the deliverance of a young woman who's battled every form of abuse and self-destruction her whole life. I had to settle for a measure of peace in the moment, which even felt like a mighty victory by that time.


Then I wrestled in my sleep with the questions that come: Did you do enough? Should you have stayed longer, pressed in harder? Are you even anointed for deliverance anymore? Why didn't the breakthrough come? What did you do wrong?


And in Your patience and the gentleness of Your Father heart, You reminded me it's not about me. It's not about what I do but about what You've done. You're the Healer; You're the Deliverer. You're the One Who desires that young woman's healing and freedom more than anyone else ever will, because You love her more than anyone else ever can.


And then You spoke these words into my spirit and brought them up into my mind: "Such as I have, I give." Then You brought to mind this story of Peter and John and the healing miracle of the lame man at the temple. They gave what they had to give - no more and no less. That day, they saw a miracle. Last night, I didn't. But the standard is the same - "Such as I have, I give." Whether the miracle of the healing or deliverance or anything else that's on our heart to pray comes to pass or not is in Your hands. Our part is to trust and obey, giving such as we have, however You lead. And then the results are up to You.


It doesn't mean there's not always more to learn and room to grow. But it does mean it's not my fault, it's not my power, and it's not about me. Your question to me is always, "Did you give such as you had to give?" And when I can say "Yes," I can hear You say "Well done." Thank You, Lord. Your grace is enough; and Your power is made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). So as best as I can and all by Your grace, let me give such as I have to give today. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Friends, I'll be preaching the Sunday morning message at First Christian Church Ruidoso this Sunday July 10th in the mountains at Ruidoso, New Mexico. Please come jon us if you're in the area! (575-258-4250). God bless you, Tommy