Monday, October 10, 2011

"Be Thou My Vision" - October 10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart ...

"And He said, 'Hear My words: When there are prophets among you, I the Lord make Myself known to them in visions; I speak to them in dreams. Not so with My servant Moses; He is entrusted with all My house. With Him I speak face to face-clearly, not in riddles; and he beholds the form of the Lord' " (Numbers 12:6-8).


You've chosen in Your sovereignty to create us to live in this season of time that You've poured out Your Spirit upon all flesh. Your sons and Your daughters prophesy, Your young men see visions and Your old men dream dreams (Acts 2:17). All Your children are led by Your Spirit (Romans 8:14). Like Moses, we all are invited to draw near to You as You draw near to us, to seek Your face, listen for Your voice, and embrace Your love (James 4:8). And as we look up to behold Your form with an unveiled face and unhidden heart, You are changing us into Your image, from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18).


Be my vision, Lord. By the mercy of Your grace, lift me up to the mountain of Your Presence with clean hands and a pure heart to seek Your face (Psalm 24:3-6). I receive Your invitation and embrace Your welcome. And from this place of Your Presence in the communion of prayer, I want to go wherever You send me, carrying this Spirit of Christ within me (Colossian 1:27).


Today, You are sending Sylvia and me to Wales for a few weeks of prophetic ministry and prayer ministry with Heather Butler, one of Your prophetic psalmists, among the people of this ancient Celtic land. And as I look to You and listen for Your leading, I keep hearing in my spirit the words of this ancient Celtic hymn:


Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy Presence my light.


Be Thou my Wisdom, Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee, Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.


Be Thou my battle-shield, sword for my fight,
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight.
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower.
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.


Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.


Lord, You are my Vision. You are the High King of Heaven and yet, You humble Yourself to dwell in Your children by Your Spirit and send us forth to carry Your message of love and power by Your grace. You are first in my heart, as I go forth in Your faith. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Please keep us in prayer as we go!

Tommy & Sylvia Hays