Friday, April 13, 2012

I've Died, I'm Crucified in Christ - April 13

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am in Christ and Christ is in me. By the grace of God, I'm dead to this world and alive to Thee. ...
I am in Christ and Christ is in me
I'm dead to this world and alive to Thee
You are my Savior and You are my King
You take all my sins and set me free

Thank You, Lord, for writing this new song in my spirit this morning. Let it be so, as Your Holy Spirit continues to put to death the sins of my flesh. By the power of Your grace, I make this my aim: "I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:19-20).

 I've died
I'm crucified
Now I'm alive
In Christ

I've died
I'm crucified
Now I'm alive
In Christ


Yes, Lord. Now You're writing another new song and singing it through my spirit from Your Holy Spirit within me. Let this song be my cry for help, my cry for complete surrender, my cry of complete trust, and my cry of victory in Christ.


Continue to put to death in me every measure of pride, selfishness, insecurity, fear, rejection, resentment, bitterness, and anger. Heal my hurts, break my chains, crucify my flesh. Heal me from the inside out. Then fill me from the inside out - emptied of myself and filled with Your Spirit. "And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit" (Galatians 5:24-25).


We all have garbage, but we can all have grace. We all have baggage, but we can all have breakthrough. You continue to set before each of us the choice of our path through this broken, fallen world filled with broken, fallen people: "Today I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses. I am offering you life or death, blessing or curses. Now, choose life! Then you and your children may live. To choose life is to love the Lord your God, obey Him and stay close to Him. He is your life, and He will let you live many years in the land, the land He promised to give to your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" (Deuteronomy 30:19-20, NCV).


In Christ, I have all the blessings of Abraham - "in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith" (Galatians 3:14). And in Christ, I receive the fullness of my inheritance of the Kingdom of God within me - "You belong to Christ, so you are Abraham's descendants. You will inherit all of God's blessings because of the promise God made to Abraham" (Galatians 3:29, NCV). "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, just as He chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before Him in love" (Ephesians 1:3-4).

I am a son of the King
You come and reign in me
My flesh has died, now You're alive
Your Spirit lives in me

 I am Yours and You are mine
My heart belongs to You
I turn away from this world
And I turn to You

 I choose life and I choose You
I choose the blessings of Your grace
I choose to live my life for You
To know Your heart and seek Your face

 I've died
I'm crucified
Now I'm alive
In Christ
In Christ, my King
Yes, Lord - O Lord my God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I am Yours and You are mine (Song of Solomon 6:3). I know it's true in heaven, in the spiritual realm, where I'm already seated in Christ, with Christ in me, at the right hand of the throne of God (Ephesians 2:4-7). Lord, let it be true on earth, in the natural realm of my everyday life, through my everyday choices, along my everyday path, as it is in heaven.


This is my journey to spiritual maturity, to "grow up in every way into Him, who is the head, into Christ" (Ephesians 4:15). In the humility You give me to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone, I choose, by the power of Your grace, to press in and press on to the spiritual transformation You have for me and for each of us who earnestly desire to be more like You. "To be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to clothe yourself with the new self, created according to the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness" (Ephesians 4:23).


I know I've not arrived. I know there's much more in me that needs to die. And that needs to be awakened to live, as You continue to free me and heal me from the inside out. But I know You will be faithful to bring to completion all You have begun to work out and awaken within me (Philippians 1:6).


"More than that, I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and I regard them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but one that comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God based on faith. I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the sharing of His sufferings by becoming like Him in His death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own" (Philippians 3:8-12).


Lord, let these be more than words, whether Yours or mine. Let this be my heart, my prayer, my choice, my life. Let all my failures only lead me to hold on closer to You. Let all my hurts only lead me to keep crying out to You. Let all my hopes only lead me to grow up into the maturity of Christ-likeness to know my identity, embrace my inheritance, and fulfill my destiny in You.


"Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever" (Ephesians 3:20-21). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Dear Friend, I know this payer was much longer this morning, but I couldn't hold back. I believe the Holy Spirit woke me up extra early and gave me this message this morning to pray back to God on behalf of myself, but also on behalf of you and all the Body and Bride of Christ. I beleive this is a deep measure of the heart of the Spirit, sent by the Father to prepare the Bride of Christ so we can move in the authority and power the Lord longs to entrust to those who will embrace His nature and live into His calling (John 14:12 and 20:21; Colossians 1:27). Let's keep praying this in agreement for one another in the holy and mighty name of Jesus.

Please come join us in West Virginia this weekend, April 14-15 to encounter God and experience His inner healing and prophetic ministry, setting us free from all that would hold us back from being more like Him, to fulfill our calling in our generation:
Gateway UM Church in Fairmont, WV on Sat. Night, Sun. Morning
Lewis County Christian Alliance in Weston, WV on Sunday Night
Details and Contacts at: Messiah Ministries Upcoming Events

Come to The Mountain next Monday, April 16th, 7pm, to hear Henry Gruver speak of his prophetic insights, travelling the nations in prayer. Henry's love for Israel and understanding of end time events will make this a special evening for everyone. Hosted at:
Lexington First Assembly Church
2780 Clays Mill Rd (corner of Clays Mill and Pasadena)
Lexington, KY
(In the Ministry Building directly behind the church)
The Mountain is the weekly Prayer Group for Israel, led by Bob & Doris McCray of our Messiah Ministries Board of Directors.

Friends, we raise our own support to further the calling of the Lord upon our lives. We truly count on those whose lives have been touched by the Lord by through our ministry to stand with us in prayer and financial support. If you find our ministry touches your life and bears good fruit by God's grace for His Kingdom, we encourage you to prayerfully consider sowing your seed into our ministry and message of inner healing, prophetic ministry to help prepare the Body and Bride of Christ. Please consider becoming a regular monthly partner with us to share our heart at home and abroad to the nations. And please consider contributiing any amount, any time, as the Holy Spirit leads you. God bless you exceedingly, abundantly more than you can ask or imagine!


Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destity in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
www.messiah-ministries.org